How to Plan Affordable Disney Vacations
Planning affordable Disney vacations can be done by planning ahead. Here are 10 Disney tips to get the ball rolling:
- Plan ahead! The most choices and best fares on hotel rooms, car rentals, and flights are available early on.
- Try and visit Orlando, Florida during Disney value season. Naturally the best prices are available during this time.
- Take advantage of any special promotions that Disney World is offering. The best way to stay informed is to either call Disney reservations and ask them point blank about specials or to subscribe to the Sensible Orlando Vacations Newsletter and receive the latest news directly in your inbox.
- Don't trade price for convenience. Sometimes a good deal is not what it seems. Study the profiles of the Disney Resorts to figure out which ones offer the most important features. For example, I will pat more to stay close to the resorts - especially if I am not planning on renting a car. The time saved on commuting to and from the resorts is worth the additional cost.
- Using air miles to find free flights is easier when planning ahead - and can add up to a big savings. But don't be tied to this either. A direct flight is always better than one with stops. It will give you more time to enjoy the resorts or to spend in the parks.
- Now, this point may not be considered an "affordable disney vacations" tip by some - but if the plan was to stay at one of the deluxe resorts anyway, then consider a club level or concierge level room, especially if traveling with a large party. Usually, there is an included continental breakfast, snacks, and even wind and cheese in the evenings.
- Disney also offers several suite options and villas that are equipped with a kitchen or kitchenette. Preparing some simple breakfasts or TV dinners in the room can help cut down on food costs.
- Disney vacation packages that are booked directly through Disney reservations or disneyworld.com that include room, DisneyWorld tickets, and the Disney Dining Plan offer a good value.
- Finally, don't forget about discounts offered through third parties. AAA, Entertainment Book, travel agencies, and the Disney credit card are some ideas to find more ways to save.
Return from Affordable Disney Vacations to the Sensible Disney Vacations homepage.